Database size exceeds the limit in Kaspersky Security Center
Show applications and versions that this article concerns
- Kaspersky Security Center 14.2 (version 188.8.131.52967)
- Kaspersky Security Center 14 (version 184.108.40.20602)
- Kaspersky Security Center 13.2 (version 220.127.116.111)
- Kaspersky Security Center 13 (version 18.104.22.16847)
The size of the SQL Server Express (KAV.mdf) database that is used by Kaspersky Security Center exceeds 10 GB.
The issue occurs if the database reaches the limit of events.
Check whether the installed database is suitable for your organization:
If the recommendations above are followed:
- Make sure that there is enough space on the disk with the database and the database size does not exceed the limit.
- Disable all unnecessary events in the policies for all the managed applications.
- Limit the amount of the events stored in the database.
- Delete unnecessary events using the Administration Console. For details, see these instructions.
If the Administration Server does not run because of the database size limit:
- Check if you have a recent backup copy of the Administration Server.
- Remove the Administration Server.
- Reinstall the Administration Server.
- Restore data from the backup using the klbackup tool.
- Disable and delete unnecessary events.
What to do if the issue persists
- Download the all_tables_sizes.zip archive with the .sql file.
- Create an SQL query using the downloaded .sql file and the klsql2 utility. For details, see the instructions for your version of Kaspersky Security Center.
- Add the created files to an archive.
- If the issue persists, use these recommendations and submit a request to Kaspersky technical support via Kaspersky CompanyAccount. Attach the created archive to your request.