Incorrect display of devices in the Administration Console of Kaspersky Security Center
This article concerns:
- Kaspersky Security Center 13 (version 184.108.40.20647)
- Kaspersky Security Center 12 (version 220.127.116.1134)
- Kaspersky Security Center 11 (version 18.104.22.1681)
Some devices may be displayed together in Administration Console under a single icon with a name that changes constantly.
A hard drive image with Network Agent installed has been copied without following the rules of deployment.
Try one of the following options:
- Reinstall the Network Agent. See the guide below.
- Run the klmover utility with the “-dupfix” key. See the guide below.
- Toughen up the rule for detection of incorrectly copied devices. See the guide below.
How to reinstall the Network Agent
- Remove Network Agent on devices that have been incorrectly copied from the image, using third-party tools.
Network Agent cannot be removed through Kaspersky Security Center tools, because Administration Server cannot distinguish between faulty devices because they all share the same icon in Administration Console.
- Install Network Agent again.
Network Agent will be reinstalled.
How to run the klmover utility with the “-dupfix” key
- Open the Network Agent installation folder on faulty devices.
- Use third-party tools to run the klmover utility with the “-dupfix” key.
You cannot run the utility with Kaspersky Security Center tools, because Administration Server cannot distinguish between faulty devices because they all share the same icon in Administration Console.
- Delete the icon on which the faulty devices had been displayed before you run the utility.
The utility will be launched with the “-dupfix” key.
How to toughen up the rule for detection of incorrectly copied devices
The rule for detection of incorrectly copied Network Agents must be toughened so that changing the NetBIOS name of a device results in an automatic “fix” of those Network Agents. It is assumed that all of the copied devices have unique NetBIOS names.
To toughen up the rule:
- On the device with Administration Server, import the REG-file from an archive below depending on your operating system architecture:
- Restart the Administration Server service.
The rule will be toughened.
What to do if the solution did not help
If the issue persists, submit a request to Kaspersky technical support via Kaspersky CompanyAccount. Please include a detailed description of the issue. Before contacting the support, see the guide on creating a request in the Knowledge base.