About switching Network Agent to other Administration Servers
Dec 4, 2023
The initial settings of the Network Agent connection to Administration Server are defined when installing the Network Agent. To switch the Network Agent to other Administration Servers, you can use the switching rules. This feature is supported only for Network Agents installed on devices running Windows or macOS.
The switching rules can trigger on changing the following network parameters:
- Default gateway address.
- IP address of the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server.
- DNS suffix of the subnet.
- IP address of the network DNS server.
- Windows domain accessibility. This parameter is available only for devices running Windows.
- Subnet address and mask.
- IP address of the network WINS server. This parameter is available only for devices running Windows.
- DNS or NetBIOS name of the client device.
- SSL connection address accessibility.
If rules for switching the Network Agent to other Administration Servers have been created, the Network Agent responds to changes in the network parameters as follows:
- If the network settings comply with one of the rules created, Network Agent connects to the Administration Server specified in this rule. Applications installed on client devices switch to out-of-office policies, provided such behavior is enabled by a rule.
- If none of the rules apply, Network Agent reverts to the default settings of connection to the Administration Server specified during the installation. Applications installed on client devices switch back to active policies.
- If the Administration Server is not accessible, Network Agent uses out-of-office policies.
Network Agent switches to the out-of-office policy only if the Enable out-of-office mode when Administration Server is not available option is enabled in the Network Agent policy settings.
The settings of Network Agent connection to Administration Server are saved in a connection profile. In the connection profile, you can create rules for switching client devices to out-of-office policies, and you can configure the profile so that it could only be used for downloading updates.