Automatic creation of a structure of administration groups
Nov 27, 2023
Kaspersky Security Center allows you to create a structure of administration groups using the Groups hierarchy creation wizard.
The wizard creates a structure of administration groups based on the following data:
- Structures of Windows domains and workgroups
- Structures of Active Directory groups
- Contents of a text file created by the administrator manually
When the text file is generated, the following requirements must be met:
- The name of each new group must begin with a new line; the delimiter must begin with a line break. Blank lines are ignored.
Three groups of the first hierarchy level will be created in the target group.
- The name of the nested group must be entered with a slash mark (/).
Office 1/Division 1/Department 1/Group 1
Four subgroups nested inside each other will be created in the target group.
- To create several nested groups of the same hierarchy level, you must specify the "full path to the group".
Office 1/Division 1/Department 1
Office 1/Division 2/Department 1
Office 1/Division 3/Department 1
Office 1/Division 4/Department 1
One group of the first hierarchy level Office 1 will be created in the destination group; this group will include four nested groups of the same hierarchy level: "Division 1", "Division 2", "Division 3", and "Division 4". Each of these groups will include the "Department 1" group.
Creating the hierarchy of administration groups through the wizard does not affect the network integrity: instead of existing groups being replaced, new groups are added. A client device cannot be included in an administration group a second time because the device is removed from the Unassigned devices group when it is moved to the administration group.
If, during creation of the administration group structure, a device was not included in the Unassigned devices group for some reason (it was shut down or disconnected from the network), the device will not be automatically moved to the administration group. You can add devices to administration groups manually after the wizard completes.
To launch the automatic creation of a structure of administration groups:
- Select the Managed devices folder in the console tree.
- In the context menu of the Managed devices folder, select All Tasks → New group structure.
The New administration group structure wizard starts. Follow the instructions of the wizard.