Creating an installation package
Dec 4, 2023
To create an installation package, do the following:
- Connect to the necessary Administration Server.
- In the console tree, in the Remote installation folder select the Installation packages subfolder.
- Start creation of an installation package in one of the following ways:
- By selecting New → Installation package in the context menu of the Installation packages folder.
- By selecting Create → Installation package in the context menu of the list of installation packages.
- By clicking the Create installation package link in the installation packages list management section.
This will start the New package wizard. Follow the instructions of the wizard.
- The terms and conditions of this EULA
During creation of an installation package for an application from the Kaspersky database of applications, you can enable automatic installation of system components (prerequisites) required for installation of the application. The New package wizard displays a list of all available system components for the selected application. If a patch installation package is created (incomplete distribution package), the list contains all system prerequisites for deployment of the patch, up to the full distribution package. You can find this list at any time in the installation package properties.
Updates of managed applications may require a specific minimum version of Kaspersky Security Center to be installed. If this version is later than your current version, these updates are displayed but cannot be approved. Also, no installation packages can be created from such updates until you upgrade Kaspersky Security Center. You are prompted to upgrade your Kaspersky Security Center instance to the required minimum version.
After the New package wizard finishes, the new installation package appears in the workspace of the Installation packages folder, in the console tree.
You do not have to manually create an installation package for remote installation of Network Agent. It is created automatically during Kaspersky Security Center installation and is stored in the Installation packages folder. If the package for remote installation of the Network Agent has been deleted, to re-create it you select the nagent.kud file in the NetAgent folder of the Kaspersky Security Center distribution package.
Do not specify any details of privileged accounts in the parameters of installation packages.
When an installation package for Administration Server is created, select the sc.kud file in the root folder of the Kaspersky Security Center distribution package as the description file.