Downloading updates by distribution points
Nov 27, 2023
Kaspersky Security Center allows distribution points to receive updates from the Administration Server, Kaspersky servers, or from a local or network folder.
To configure update download for a distribution point:
- In the console tree, select the Administration Server node.
- In the context menu of the Administration Server, select Properties.
- In the Administration Server properties window, in the Distribution points section, select the distribution point through which updates will be delivered to client devices in the group.
- Click the Properties button to open the properties window of the selected distribution point.
- In the distribution point properties window, select the Sources of updates section.
- Select an update source for the distribution point:
- To allow the distribution point to receive updates from the Administration Server, select Retrieve from Administration Server:
- To allow the distribution point to receive updates by using a task, select Use task for forced download of updates:
- Click the Browse button if such a task already exists on the device, and select the task in the list that appears.
- Click the New task button to create a task if no such task yet exists on the device. The New task wizard starts. Follow the instructions of the wizard.
The Download updates to the repositories of distribution points task is a local task. You have to create a new task for each device that acts as distribution point.
The distribution point will receive updates from the specified source.