Enabling Mobile Device Management
Dec 4, 2023
Enabling Mobile Device Management is only available on the primary Administration Server.
To enable Mobile Device Management:
- In the console tree, select the Mobile Device Management folder.
- In the workspace of the folder, click the Enable Mobile Device Management button. This button is only available if you have not enabled Mobile Device Management before.
The Additional components page of the Administration Server quick start wizard is displayed.
- Select Enable Mobile Device Management in order to manage mobile devices.
- On the Select application activation method page, activate the application by using a key file or activation code.
Management of mobile devices will not be possible until you activate the Mobile Device Management feature.
- On the Proxy server settings to gain access to the Internet page, select the Use proxy server check box if you want to use a proxy server when connecting to the internet. When this check box is selected, the fields become available for entering settings. Specify the settings for proxy server connection.
- On the Check for updates for plug-ins and installation packages page, select one of the following options:
- Check whether plug-ins and installation packages are up to date
- Skip check
Skipping the check of updates for plug-ins may result in improper functioning of the application.
- On the Latest plug-in versions available page, download and install the latest versions of plug-ins in the language that your application version requires. Updating the plug-ins does not require a license.
After you install the plug-ins and packages, the application checks whether all plug-ins required for proper functioning of mobile devices have been installed. If outdated versions of some plug-ins are detected, the wizard prompts you to download up-to-date versions to replace the outdated ones.
- On the Mobile device connection settings page, set up the Administration Server ports.
When the wizard completes, the following changes will be made:
- The Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Android policy will be created.
- The Kaspersky Device Management for iOS policy will be created.
- Ports will be opened on the Administration Server for mobile devices.