Installing applications on devices in a cloud environment
Nov 27, 2023
You can install the following Kaspersky applications on the devices in a cloud environment: Kaspersky Security for Windows Server (for Windows devices) and Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Linux (for Linux devices).
Client devices on which you intend to install protection must meet the requirements for Kaspersky Security Center operation in a cloud environment. You must have a valid license to install applications on AWS instances, Microsoft Azure virtual machines or Google virtual machine instances.
Kaspersky Security Center 14.2 supports the following scenarios:
- A client device is discovered by means of an API; the installation is also performed by means of an API. For AWS and Azure cloud environments, this scenario is supported.
- A client device is discovered by means of Active Directory polling, Windows domains polling, or IP range polling; the installation is performed by means of Kaspersky Security Center.
- A client device is discovered by means of Google API; the installation is performed by means of Kaspersky Security Center. For Google Cloud, only this scenario is supported.
Other ways of installation of the applications are not supported.
To install applications on virtual devices, use installation packages.
To create a task for remote installation of the application on instances by using AWS API or Azure API:
- In the console tree, select the Tasks folder.
- Click the New task button.
The New task wizard starts. Follow the instructions of the wizard.
- On the Select the task type page, select Install application remotely as the task type.
- On the Select devices page, select the relevant devices from the Managed devices\Cloud group.
- If Network Agent has not yet been installed on the devices on which you are intending to install the application, on the Selecting an account to run the task page select Account required (Network Agent is not used) and click the Add button in the right part of the window. In the menu that appears, select one of the following:
You can provide multiple credentials by clicking the Add button for each new one. If different cloud segments require different credentials, provide the credentials for all the segments.
After the wizard finishes, the task for remote installation of the application appears in the list of tasks in the workspace of the Tasks folder.
In Microsoft Azure, remote installation of security applications on a virtual machine may result in deleting Custom Script Extension installed on this virtual machine.