Creating an application category with content added manually
Dec 4, 2023
You can specify a set of criteria as a template of executable files for which you want to allow or block a start in your organization. On the basis of executable files corresponding to the criteria, you can create an application category and use it in the Application Control component configuration.
To create an application category with content added manually:
- In the console tree, in the Advanced → Application management folder select the Application categories subfolder.
- Click the New category button.
The New category wizard starts. Proceed through the wizard by using the Next button.
- On the Category type wizard page, select Category with content added manually as the user category type.
- On the Enter the application category name wizard page, enter the new application category name.
- On the Configuring conditions for inclusion of applications in categories page, click the Add button.
- In the drop-down list, specify the relevant settings:
- From the list of executable files
- From file properties
- Metadata from files in folder
- Checksums of the files in the folder
- Certificates for the files from the folder
- MSI installer files metadata
- Checksums of the files from the MSI installer of the application
- From KL category
- Specify path to application (masks supported)
- Select certificate from repository
- Drive type
- On the Creating the application category wizard page, click the Finish button.
Kaspersky Security Center only handles metadata from digitally signed files. No category can be created on the basis of metadata from files that do not contain a digital signature.
When the wizard has completed, a user application category is created, with content added manually. You can view the newly created category using the list of categories in the workspace of the Application categories folder.