Deploying Administration Server in Microsoft Azure and selecting database
Dec 4, 2023
To deploy Administration Server in the Microsoft Azure environment:
- Sign in to Microsoft Azure using your account.
- Go to the Azure portal.
- In the left pane, click the green plus sign.
- Type "Kaspersky Hybrid Cloud Security" in the search field in the menu.
Kaspersky Hybrid Cloud Security is a combination of Kaspersky Security Center and two security applications for protection of instances: Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Linux and Kaspersky Security for Windows Server.
- In the list of results, select Kaspersky Hybrid Cloud Security or Kaspersky Hybrid Cloud Security (BYOL).
In the right part of the screen, an information window appears.
- Read information and click the Create button in the end of the information window.
- Fill all the necessary fields. Use the tooltips to get information and assistance.
- When selecting the size, select one of the three starred options.
In most cases, 8 gigabytes (GB) of RAM is enough. However, in Azure, you can increase the size of RAM and other resources of the virtual machine at any time.
- When selecting a database, select one of the following, according to your plan:
- Local—If you want a database on the same virtual machine where the Administration Server will be deployed. Kaspersky Security Center comes with an SQL Server Express database. Choose this option if SQL Server Express is enough for your needs.
- New—If you want a new RDS database in the Azure environment. Choose this option if you want a DBMS other than SQL Server Express. Your data will be transferred to the cloud environment, where it will remain, and you will not have any extra expenses.
- Existing—If you want to use an existing database server. In this case, you will have to specify its location. If this server is outside the Azure environment, your data will be transferred over the internet, which might result in extra expenses.
- When entering the subscription ID, use the subscription that you created earlier.
After deployment, you can connect to the Administration Server using RDP. You can use the Administration Console to work with the Administration Server.