Creating a subscription, Application ID, and password
Dec 4, 2023
To work with Kaspersky Security Center in the Microsoft Azure environment, you need an Azure subscription, Azure Application ID, and Azure Application password. You can use an existing subscription, if you already have one.
An Azure subscription grants its owner access to the Microsoft Azure Platform Management Portal and to Microsoft Azure services. The owner can use the Microsoft Azure Platform to manage services such as Azure SQL and Azure Storage.
To create a Microsoft Azure subscription,
Go to https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cost-management-billing/manage/create-subscription and follow the instructions there.
More information about creating a subscription is available on the Microsoft website. You will get a subscription ID, which you will later provide to Kaspersky Security Center together with Application ID and password.
To create and save Azure Application ID and password:
- Go to https://portal.azure.com and make sure that you are logged in.
- Following the instructions on the reference page, create your Application ID.
- Go to the Keys section of the application settings.
- In the Keys section, fill in the Description and Expires fields and leave the Value field empty.
- Click Save.
When you click Save, the system automatically fills the Value field with a long sequence of characters. This sequence is your Azure Application password (for example, yXyPOy6Tre9PYgP/j4XVyJCvepPHk2M/UYJ+QlfFvdU=). The description is displayed as you entered it.
- Copy the password and save it, so that you can later provide the Application ID and password to Kaspersky Security Center.
You can copy the password only when it has been created. Later, the password will no longer be displayed and you cannot restore it.
The addresses of web pages cited in this document are correct as of the Kaspersky Security Center release date.