Creating an Amazon RDS instance
Dec 4, 2023
If you want to use Amazon RDS as the DBMS, you have to create an Amazon RDS database instance. This section describes how to select SQL Express Edition; if you want to work with Aurora MySQL or Standard MySQL (versions 5.7, 8.0), you must select one of those engines.
To create an Amazon RDS database instance:
- Open the AWS Management Console at https://console.aws.amazon.com and sign in under your account.
- Using the AWS interface, create a database with the following settings:
- Engine: Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Express Edition
- DB engine version: SQL Server 2014 12.00.5546.0v1
- DB instance class: db.t2.medium
- Storage type: General purpose
- Allocated storage: minimum 50 GiB
- Security group: the same group where the EC2 instance with Kaspersky Security Center Administration Server will be located
Create an identifier, username and password for your RDS instance.
You may leave default settings in all the other fields. Or, change the default settings if you want to customize your Amazon RDS instance. To get help, refer to the AWS information pages.
- At the last step, AWS displays the results of the process. If you want to view the details of your Amazon RDS instance, click View DB instance details. If you want to proceed to the next action, start creating an option group for your Amazon RDS instance.
The creation of a new Amazon RDS instance may take up to several minutes. After the instance is created, you can use it for work with Kaspersky Security Center data.
The addresses of web pages cited in this document are correct as of the Kaspersky Security Center release date.