Resolving issues with Administration Server nodes
Dec 4, 2023
The console tree in the left pane of Administration Console contains nodes of Administration Servers. You can add as many Administration Servers as you need to the console tree.
The list of Administration Server nodes in the console tree is stored in a shadow copy of a .msc file by means of Microsoft Management Console. The shadow copy of this file is located in the %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\MMC\ folder on the device where the Administration Console is installed. For each Administration Server node, the file contains the following information:
- Administration Server address
- Port number
- Whether TLS is in use
This parameter depends on the port number used to connect Administration Console to the Administration Server.
- User name
- Administration Server certificate
When Administration Console connects to the Administration Server, the certificate stored locally is compared to the Administration Server certificate. If the certificates do not match, Administration Console generates an error. For example, a certificate mismatch may occur when you replace the Administration Server certificate. In this case, recreate the Administration Server node in the console.
To recreate an Administration Server node:
- Close the Kaspersky Security Center Administration Console window.
- Delete the Kaspersky Security Center 14.2 file at %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\MMC\.
- Run Kaspersky Security Center Administration Console.
You will be prompted to connect to the Administration Server and accept its existing certificate.
- Do one of the following:
- Accept the existing certificate by clicking the Yes button.
- To specify your certificate, click the No button, and then browse to the certificate file to be used to authenticate the Administration Server.
The certificate issue is resolved. You can use Administration Console to connect to the Administration Server.