Creating the Download updates to the repositories of distribution points task
Dec 4, 2023
The Download updates to the repositories of distribution points task works only on distribution point devices running Windows. Distribution point devices running Linux or macOS cannot download updates from Kaspersky update servers.If at least one device running Linux or macOS is within the task scope, the task will have the Failed status. Even if the task is completed successfully on all Windows devices, it will return an error on the remaining devices.
You can create the Download updates to the repositories of distribution points task for an administration group. This task will run for distribution points included in the specified administration group.
You can use this task, for example, if traffic between the Administration Server and the distribution point(s) is more expensive than traffic between the distribution point(s) and Kaspersky update servers, or if your Administration Server does not have internet access.
This task is required to download updates from Kaspersky update servers to the repositories of distribution points. The list of updates includes:
- Updates to databases and software modules for Kaspersky security applications
- Updates to Kaspersky Security Center components
- Updates to Kaspersky security applications
After the updates are downloaded, they can be propagated to the managed devices.
To create the Download updates to the repositories of distribution points task, for a selected administration group:
- In the main menu, go to Devices → Tasks.
- Click the Add button.
The New task wizard starts. Follow the steps of the wizard.
- For the Kaspersky Security Center application, in the Task type field select Download updates to the repositories of distribution points.
- Specify the name for the task that you are creating. A task name cannot be more than 100 characters long and cannot include any special characters ("*<>?\:|).
- Select an option button to specify the administration group, the device selection, or the devices to which the task applies.
- At the Finish task creation step, if you want to modify the default task settings, enable the Open task details when creation is complete option. If you do not enable this option, the task is created with the default settings. You can modify the default settings later, at any time.
- Click the Create button.
The task is created and displayed in the list of tasks.
- Click the name of the created task to open the task properties window.
- On the Application settings tab of the task properties window, specify the following settings:
- Create a schedule for task start. If necessary, specify the following settings:
- Scheduled start
- Run missed tasks
- Use automatically randomized delay for task starts
- Use randomized delay for task starts within an interval of (min)
- Click the Save button.
The task is created and configured.
In addition to the settings that you specify during task creation, you can change other properties of a created task.
When the Download updates to the repositories of distribution points task is performed, updates for databases and software modules are downloaded from the update source and stored in the shared folder. Downloaded updates will only be used by distribution points that are included in the specified administration group and that have no update download task explicitly set for them.