Obtaining and viewing a list of executable files stored on client devices
Nov 27, 2023
You can obtain a list of executable files stored on managed devices. To inventory executable files, you must create an inventory task.
The feature of inventorying executable files is available for the following applications:
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Linux
- Kaspersky Security for Virtualization 4.0 Light Agent and later versions
You can reduce load on the database while obtaining information about the installed applications. To do this, we recommend that you run an inventory task on reference devices on which a standard set of software is installed.
To create an inventory task for executable files on client devices:
- In the main menu, go to Devices → Tasks.
The list of tasks is displayed.
- Click the Add button.
The New task wizard starts. Follow the steps of the wizard.
- On the New task page, in the Application drop-down list, select Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows or Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Linux, depending on the operating system type of the client devices.
- In the Task type drop-down list, select Inventory.
- On the Finish task creation page, click the Finish button.
After the New task wizard has finished, the Inventory task is created and configured. If you want, you can change the settings for the created task. The newly created task is displayed in the list of tasks.
For a detailed description of the inventory task, refer to the following Helps:
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows Help
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Linux Help
- Kaspersky Security for Virtualization Light Agent
After the Inventory task is performed, the list of executable files stored on managed devices is formed, and you can view the list.
During inventory, executable files in the following formats are detected: MZ, COM, PE, NE, SYS, CMD, BAT, PS1, JS, VBS, REG, MSI, CPL, DLL, JAR, and HTML.
To view the list of executable files stored on client devices:
In the main menu, go to Operations → Third-party applications → Executable files.
The page displays the list of executable files stored on client devices.
To send the executable file of the managed device to Kaspersky:
- In the main menu, go to Operations → Third-party applications → Executable files.
- Click the link of the executable file that you want to send to Kaspersky.
- In the window that opens, go to the Devices section, and then select the check box of the managed device from which you want to send the executable file.
Before you send the executable file, make sure that the managed device has a direct connection to the Administration Server, by selecting the Do not disconnect from the Administration Server check box.
- Click the Send to Kaspersky button.
The selected executable file is downloaded for further sending to Kaspersky.