Monitoring of applications installation and uninstallation
Dec 4, 2023
You can monitor installation and uninstallation of specific applications on managed devices (for example, a specific browser). To use this function, you can add applications from the Application registry to the list of monitored applications. When a monitored application is installed or uninstalled, Network Agent publishes respective events: Monitored application has been installed or Monitored application has been uninstalled. You can monitor these events using, for example, event selections or reports.
You can monitor these events only if they are stored in Administration Server database.
To add an application to the list of monitored applications:
- In the Advanced → Application management folder in the console tree, select the Applications registry subfolder.
- Above the list of application, that is displayed, click the Show applications registry properties window button.
- In the Monitored Applications window, that is displayed, click the Add button.
- In the Select application name window, that is displayed, select the applications from the Application registry whose installation or uninstallation you want to monitor.
- In the Select application name window, click the OK button.
After you have configured the list of monitored applications, and a monitored application is installed or uninstalled on managed devices in your organization, you can monitor the respective events, for example using the Recent events event selection.