Ignoring software vulnerabilities
Dec 4, 2023
You can ignore software vulnerabilities to be fixed. The reasons to ignore software vulnerabilities might be, for example, the following:
- You do not consider the software vulnerability critical to your organization.
- You understand that the software vulnerability fix can damage data related to the software that required the vulnerability fix.
- You are sure that the software vulnerability is not dangerous for your organization's network because you use other measures to protect your managed devices.
You can ignore a software vulnerability on all managed devices or only on selected managed devices.
To ignore a software vulnerability on all managed devices:
- In the Advanced → Application management folder in the console tree, select the Software vulnerabilities subfolder.
The workspace of the folder displays a list of vulnerabilities in applications detected on devices by the Network Agent installed on them.
- Select the vulnerability you want to ignore.
- Select Properties from the context menu of the vulnerability.
The properties window of the vulnerability opens.
- On the General section, select the Ignore vulnerability option.
- Click OK.
The software vulnerability properties window is closed.
The software vulnerability is ignored on all managed devices.
To ignore a software vulnerability on the selected managed device:
- Open the properties window of the selected managed device and select the Software vulnerabilities section.
- Select a software vulnerability.
- Ignore selected vulnerability.
The software vulnerability is ignored on the selected device.
The ignored software vulnerability will not be fixed after completion of the Fix vulnerabilities task or Install required updates and fix vulnerabilities task. You can exclude ignored software vulnerabilities from the list of vulnerabilities by means of the filter.