Selecting user fixes for vulnerabilities in third-party software
Dec 4, 2023
To use the Fix vulnerabilities task, you must manually specify the software updates to fix the vulnerabilities in third-party software listed in the task settings. The Fix vulnerabilities task uses recommended fixes for Microsoft software and user fixes for other third-party software. User fixes are software updates to fix vulnerabilities that the administrator manually specifies for installation.
To select user fixes for vulnerabilities in third-party software:
- In the Advanced → Application management folder in the console tree, select the Software vulnerabilities subfolder.
The workspace of the folder displays a list of vulnerabilities in applications detected on devices by the Network Agent installed on them.
- Select the vulnerability for which you want to specify a user fix.
- Select Properties from the context menu of the vulnerability.
The properties window of the vulnerability opens.
- In the User fixes and other fixes section, click the Add button.
The list of available installation packages is displayed. The list of displayed installation packages corresponds to the Remote installation → Installation packages list. If you have not created an installation package containing a user fix for selected vulnerability, you can create the package now by starting the New package wizard.
- Select an installation package (or packages) containing a user fix (or user fixes) for the vulnerability in third-party software.
- Click OK.
The installation packages containing user fixes for the software vulnerability are specified. When the Fix vulnerabilities task is started, the installation package will be installed, and the software vulnerability will be fixed.