Deleting trace files
Nov 27, 2023
You can delete trace files that are no longer needed.
To delete a trace file:
- Open the remote diagnostics window of a client device.
- In the remote diagnostics window that opens, click Remote diagnostics.
- In the Statuses and logs window that opens, make sure that the Operating system logs section is selected.
- In the Trace files section, click the Windows Update logs button or Remote installation logs button, depending on which trace files you want to delete.
This opens the list of trace files.
- In the list of trace files, select the file that you want to delete.
- Click the Remove button.
The selected trace file is deleted.