Creating the Fix vulnerabilities task
Dec 4, 2023
The Fix vulnerabilities task allows you fix software vulnerabilities on managed devices that are running Windows. You can fix software vulnerabilities in third-party software, including Microsoft software.
If you do not have the Vulnerability and patch management license, you cannot create new tasks of the Fix vulnerabilities type. To fix new vulnerabilities, you can add them to an existing Fix vulnerabilities task. We recommend that you use the Install required updates and fix vulnerabilities task instead of the Fix vulnerabilities task. The Install required updates and fix vulnerabilities task enables you to install multiple updates and fix multiple vulnerabilities automatically, according to the rules that you define.
A user interaction may be required when you update a third-party application or fix a vulnerability in a third-party application on a managed device. For example, the user may be prompted to close the third-party application if it's currently open.
To create the Fix vulnerabilities task:
- In the main menu, go to Devices → Tasks.
- Click Add.
The New task wizard starts. Proceed through the wizard by using the Next button.
- For the Kaspersky Security Center application, select the Fix vulnerabilities task type.
- Specify the name for the task that you are creating.
A task name cannot be more than 100 characters long and cannot include any special characters ("*<>?\:|).
- Select devices to which the task will be assigned.
- Click the Add button.
The list of vulnerabilities opens.
- Select the vulnerabilities that you want to fix, and then click OK.
Microsoft software vulnerabilities usually have recommended fixes. No additional actions are required for them. For vulnerabilities in software from other vendors, you first need to specify a user fix for each vulnerability that you want to fix. After that, you will be able to add those vulnerabilities into the Fix vulnerabilities task.
- Specify the operating system restart settings:
- Specify the account settings:
- If you want to modify the default task settings, enable the Open task details when creation is complete option on the Finish task creation page. If you do not enable this option, the task is created with the default settings. You can modify the default settings later, at any time.
- Click the Finish button.
The task is created and displayed in the list of tasks.
- Click the name of the created task to open the task properties window.
- In the task properties window, specify the general task settings according to your needs.
- Click the Save button.
The task is created and configured.