Connecting a Linux device as a gateway in the demilitarized zone
Dec 4, 2023
To connect a Linux device as a gateway in the demilitarized zone (DMZ):
- Download and install Network Agent on the Linux device.
- Run the post-install script and follow the wizard in order to setup the local environment configuration. In the command prompt, run the following command:
$ sudo /opt/kaspersky/klnagent64/lib/bin/setup/postinstall.pl
- On the step asking for the Network Agent mode, choose the Use as connection gateway option.
- In the Administration Server properties window that opens, select the Distribution points section.
- In the Distribution points window that opens, in the right part of the window:
- Select the Manually assign distribution points option.
- Click the Add button.
This opens the Add distribution point window.
- In the Add distribution point window, perform the following actions:
- Under Device to act as distribution point, click the down arrow () on the Select split button, and then select the Add connection gateway in DMZ by address option.
- Under Distribution point scope, click the down arrow () on the Select split button.
- Indicate the specific devices to which the distribution point will distribute updates. You can specify an administration group.
- Click OK to close the Add distribution point window.
- The distribution point that you have added will be displayed in the list of distribution points, in the Distribution points section.
- Run the klnagchk utility in order to check whether a connection to Kaspersky Security Center has been successfully configured. In the command prompt, run:
$ sudo /opt/kaspersky/klnagent64/bin/klnagchk
- In the main menu, go to Kaspersky Security Center and discover the device.
- In the window that opens, click the <Device name>.
- In the drop-down list, select the Move to Group link.
- In the Select group window that opens, click the Distribution points link.
- Click OK.
- Restart the Network Agent service on the Linux client by executing the following command in the command prompt:
$ sudo /opt/kaspersky/klnagent64/bin/klnagchk -restart
Connecting a Linux device as a gateway in the DMZ is completed.
After that, you can connect a Linux device to the Administration Server through the configured connection gateway. Follow these procedures only after you have completed the main installation scenario.