Enabling and disabling a policy inheritance option
Dec 4, 2023
To enable or disable the inheritance option in a policy:
- Open the required policy.
- Open the General tab.
- Enable or disable policy inheritance:
- If you enable Inherit settings from parent policy in a child policy and an administrator locks some settings in the parent policy, then you cannot change these settings in the child policy.
- If you disable Inherit settings from parent policy in a child policy, then you can change all of the settings in the child policy, even if some settings are locked in the parent policy.
- If you enable Force inheritance of settings in child policies in the parent group, this enables the Inherit settings from parent policy option for each child policy. In this case, you cannot disable this option for any child policy. All of the settings that are locked in the parent policy are forcibly inherited in the child groups, and you cannot change these settings in the child groups.
- Click the Save button to save changes or click the Cancel button to reject changes.
By default, the Inherit settings from parent policy option is enabled for a new policy.
If a policy has profiles, all of the child policies inherit these profiles.