Generating a new secret key
Nov 27, 2023
You can generate a new secret key for a two-step verification for your account only if you are authorized by using two-step verification.
To generate a new secret key for a user account:
- In the main menu, go to Users & roles → Users.
- Click the name of the user account for whom you want to generate a new secret key for two-step verification.
- In the user settings window that opens, select the Account protection tab.
- In the Account protection tab, click the Generate a new secret key link.
- In the two-step verification window that opens, specify a new security key generated by the authenticator application.
- Click the Check and apply button.
A new secret key is generated for the user.
If you lose your mobile device, you can install an authenticator application on another mobile device and generate a new secret key to restore access to Kaspersky Security Center Web Console.