Changing the Administration Server for client devices
Nov 27, 2023
You can change the Administration Server that manages client devices to a different Server using the Change Administration Server task. After the task completion, the selected client devices will be put under the management of the Administration Server that you specify. You can switch the device management between the following Administration Servers:
- Primary Administration Server and one of its virtual Administration Servers
- Two virtual Administration Servers of the same primary Administration Server
To change the Administration Server that manages client devices to a different Server:
- In the main menu, go to Devices → Tasks.
- Click Add.
The New task wizard starts. Proceed through the wizard by using the Next button.
- For the Kaspersky Security Center application, select the Change Administration Server task type.
- Specify the name for the task that you are creating.
A task name cannot be more than 100 characters long and cannot include any special characters ("*<>?\:|).
- Select devices to which the task will be assigned.
- Select the Administration Server that you want to use to manage the selected devices.
- Specify the account settings:
- If on the Finish task creation page you enable the Open task details when creation is complete option, you can modify the default task settings. If you do not enable this option, the task is created with the default settings. You can modify the default settings later, at any time.
- Click the Finish button.
The task is created and displayed in the list of tasks.
- Click the name of the created task to open the task properties window.
- In the task properties window, specify the general task settings according to your needs.
- Click the Save button.
The task is created and configured.
- Run the created task.
After the task is complete, the client devices for which it was created are put under the management of the Administration Server specified in the task settings.