Remote installation of applications to the Azure virtual machines
Dec 4, 2023
You must have a valid license to install applications on Microsoft Azure virtual machines.
Kaspersky Security Center supports the following scenarios:
- A client device is discovered by means of Azure API; the installation is also performed by means of an API. Using the Azure API means that you can only install the following applications:
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Linux
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows
- Kaspersky Security for Windows Server
- A client device is discovered by means of Azure API; the installation is performed by means of a distribution point or, if there are no distribution points, manually by using standalone installation packages. You can install any application supported by Kaspersky Security Center in this way.
To create a task for remote installation of an application on Azure virtual machines:
- In the main menu, go to Devices → Tasks.
- Click Add.
The New task wizard starts.
- Follow the instructions of the wizard:
- Select Install application remotely as the task type.
- On the Installation packages page, select Remote installation by Microsoft Azure API.
- When selecting the account to access devices, use an existing Azure account, or click Add and enter the credentials of your Azure account:
- Select the relevant devices from the Managed devices\Cloud group.
After the wizard finishes, the task for remote installation of the application appears in the list of tasks.