Preparing a file server for a Kaspersky Security Center failover cluster
Nov 27, 2023
A file server works as a required component of a Kaspersky Security Center failover cluster.
To prepare a file server:
- Make sure that the file server meets the hardware and software requirements.
- Make sure that the file server and both nodes (active and passive) are included in the same domain or the file server is the domain controller.
- On the file server, create two shared folders. One of them is used to keep information about the failover cluster state. The other one is used to store the data and settings of Kaspersky Security Center. You will specify paths to the shared folders while configuring the installation of Kaspersky Security Center.
- Grant full access permissions (both share permissions and NTFS permissions) to the created shared folders for the following user accounts and groups:
- Domain group KLAdmins.
- User accounts $<node1> and $<node2>. Here, <node1> and <node2> are the computer names of the active and passive nodes.
The file server is prepared. To deploy the Kaspersky Security Center failover cluster, follow the further instructions in this scenario.