Distributing installation packages to secondary Administration Servers
Dec 4, 2023
Kaspersky Security Center allows you to create installation packages for Kaspersky applications and for third-party applications, as well as distribute installation packages to client devices and install applications from the packages. To optimize the load on the primary Administration Server, you can distribute installation packages to secondary Administration Servers. After that, the secondary Servers transmit the packages to client devices, and then you can perform the remote installation of the applications on your client devices.
To distribute installation packages to secondary Administration Servers:
- Make sure that the secondary Administration Servers are connected to the primary Administration Server.
- In the main menu, go to Devices → Tasks.
The list of tasks is displayed.
- Click the Add button.
The New task wizard starts. Follow the steps of the wizard.
- On the New task page, from the Application drop-down list, select Kaspersky Security Center. Then, from the Task type drop-down list, select Distribute installation package, and then specify the task name.
- On the Task scope page, select the devices to which the task is assigned in one of the following ways:
- If you want to create a task for all secondary Administration Servers in a specific administration group, select this group, and then create a group task for it.
- If you want to create a task for specific secondary Administration Servers, select these Servers, and then create a task for them.
- On the Distributed installation packages page, select the installation packages that are to be copied to the secondary Administration Servers.
- Specify an account to run the Distribute installation package task under this account. You can use your account and keep the Default account option enabled. Alternatively, you can specify that the task should be run under another account that has the necessary access rights. To do this, select the Specify account option, and then enter the credentials of that account.
- On the Finish task creation page, you can enable the Open task details when creation is complete option to open the task properties window, and then modify the default task settings. Otherwise, you can configure the task settings later, at any time.
- Click the Finish button.
The task created for distributing installation packages to the secondary Administration Servers is displayed in the task list.
- You can run the task manually or wait for it to launch according to the schedule that you specified in the task settings.
After the task is complete, the selected installation packages are copied to the specified secondary Administration Servers.