Creating an application category that includes executable files from selected devices
Dec 4, 2023
You can use executable files from selected devices as a template of executable files that you want to allow or block. Based on executable files from selected devices, you can create an application category and use it in the Application Control component configuration.
To create application category that includes executable files from selected devices:
- In the console tree, in the Advanced → Application management folder select the Application categories subfolder.
- Click the New category button.
The New category wizard starts. Proceed through the wizard by using the Next button.
- On the Category type wizard page, select Category that includes executable files from selected devices as the user category type.
- On the Enter the application category name wizard page, enter the new application category name.
- On the Settings wizard page, click the Add button.
- Select a device or devices whose executable files will be used to create the application category.
- Specify the following settings:
- On the Filter wizard page, specify the following settings:
- On the Creating the application category wizard page, click the Finish button.
When the wizard has completed, a user application category is created. You can view the newly created category using the list of categories in the workspace of the Application categories folder.