Generating a dump file for an application
Nov 27, 2023
An application dump file allows you to view parameters of the application running on a client device at a point in time. This file also contains information about modules that were loaded for an application.
Generating dump files is available only for 32-bit processes running on Windows-based client devices. For 64-bit processes this feature is not supported.
To create a dump file for an application:
- Open the remote diagnostics window of a client device.
- In the remote diagnostics window that opens, click Remote diagnostics.
- In the Statuses and logs window that opens, select the Running a remote application section.
- In the Generating the process dump file section, specify the executable file of the application for which you want to generate a dump file.
- Click the Download dump file button to save the dump file for the specified application.
If the specified application is not running on the client device, the error message will be displayed.