Preparing a device running Astra Linux in the closed software environment mode for installation of Network Agent
Dec 4, 2023
Prior to the installation of Network Agent on a device running Astra Linux in the closed software environment mode, you must perform two preparation procedures—the one in the instructions below and general preparation steps for any Linux device.
Before you begin:
- Make sure that the device on which you want to install Network Agent for Linux is running one of the supported Linux distributions.
- Download the necessary Network Agent installation file from the Kaspersky website.
Run the commands provided in this instruction under an account with root privileges.
To prepare a device running Astra Linux in the closed software environment mode for installation of Network Agent:
- Open the /etc/digsig/digsig_initramfs.conf file, and then specify the following setting:
- In the command line, run the following command to install the compatibility package:
apt install astra-digsig-oldkeys
- Create a directory for the application key:
mkdir -p /etc/digsig/keys/legacy/kaspersky/
- Place the application key /opt/kaspersky/ksc64/share/kaspersky_astra_pub_key.gpg in the directory created in the previous step:
cp kaspersky_astra_pub_key.gpg /etc/digsig/keys/legacy/kaspersky/
If the Kaspersky Security Center distribution kit does not include the kaspersky_astra_pub_key.gpg application key, you can download it by clicking the link: https://media.kaspersky.com/utilities/CorporateUtilities/kaspersky_astra_pub_key.gpg.
- Update the RAM disks:
update-initramfs -u -k all
Reboot the system.
- Perform the preparation steps common for any Linux device.
The device is prepared. You can now proceed to the installation of Network Agent.