Dec 4, 2023
Kaspersky Security Center components enable remote management of Kaspersky applications installed on client devices.
Devices with the Administration Server component installed will be referred to as Administration Servers (also referred to as Servers). Administration Servers must be protected, including physical protection, against any unauthorized access.
Administration Server is installed on a device as a service with the following set of attributes:
- With the name "Kaspersky Security Center Administration Server"
- Set to start automatically when the operating system starts
- With the LocalSystem account or the user account selected during the installation of Administration Server
Administration Server performs the following functions:
- Storage of the administration groups' structure
- Storage of information about the configuration of client devices
- Organization of repositories for application distribution packages
- Remote installation of applications to client devices and removal of applications
- Updating application databases and software modules of Kaspersky applications
- Management of policies and tasks on client devices
- Storage of information about events that have occurred on client devices
- Generation of reports on the operation of Kaspersky applications
- Deployment of license keys to client devices and storing information about the license keys
- Forwarding notifications about the progress of tasks (such as detection of viruses on a client device)
Naming Administration Servers in the application interface
In the interface of the MMC-based Administration Console and Kaspersky Security Center Web Console, Administration Servers can have the following names:
- Name of the Administration Server device, for example: "device_name" or "Administration Server: device_name".
- IP address of the Administration Server device, for example: "IP_address" or "Administration Server: IP_address".
- Secondary Administration Servers and virtual Administration Servers have custom names that you specify when you connect a virtual or a secondary Administration Server to the primary Administration Server.
- If you use Kaspersky Security Center Web Console installed on a Linux device, the application displays the names of the Administration Servers that you specified as trusted in the response file.
You can connect to Administration Server by using Administration Console or Kaspersky Security Center Web Console.