Deploying a license key to client devices
Nov 27, 2023
Kaspersky Security Center allows you to distribute a license key to client devices through the license key distribution task.
Before deployment, add the license key to the Administration Server repository.
To distribute a license key to client devices:
- In the console tree, select the Kaspersky Licenses folder.
- In the workspace of the list of license keys, click the Automatically distribute license key to managed devices button.
The Application Activation task creation wizard starts. Proceed through the wizard by using the Next button.
- In the list of applications, select the application for which you want to create a task.
- At the Add key step of the wizard, add the license key by using one of the following options:
- Activation code.
- Select the Activation code option to add an activation code from the Kaspersky Security Center repository, and then click Select.
- In the List of activation codes in Kaspersky Security Center repository window that opens, select the activation code, and then click OK.
- Key file or key.
- Select the Key file or key option if you want to add a key file, and then click Select.
- In the list that opens, select the way you want to add a license key:
- Select the Key from folder option to upload a key file from your computer. In the Select key file window that opens, select a key file, and then click Open.
- Select the Key from the Kaspersky Security Center repository options to add a key from the repository. In the List of keys in Kaspersky Security Center repository window that opens, select the license key, and then click OK.
- Activation code.
- [Optional] At the Add key step of the wizard, select the Add this key as a reserve key option.
In this case, a reserve key is applied after the active key expires.
- Check the license key information, and then click Next.
- At this step of the wizard, select the devices to which you want to assign the add key task. You can specify devices in one of the following ways:
- Select networked devices detected by Administration Server. In this case, the task is assigned to specific devices. The specific devices can include devices in administration groups as well as unassigned devices.
- Specify device addresses manually or import addresses from a list. You can specify NetBIOS names, DNS names, IP addresses, and IP subnets of devices to which you want to assign the task.
- Assign task to a device selection. In this case, the task is assigned to devices included in a selection created earlier. You can specify the default selection or a custom one that you created.
- Assign task to an administration group. In this case, the task is assigned to devices included in the administration group created earlier.
- At the Configure task schedule step of the wizard, create a schedule for task start:
- At the Define the task name step of the wizard, specify the name for the task. A task name cannot be more than 100 characters long and cannot include any special characters ("*<>?\:|).
- On the Finish task creation step of the wizard, click the Finish button to close the wizard.
If you want the task to start as soon as the wizard finishes, select the Run the task after the wizard finishes check box.
Tasks created through the Application Activation task creation wizard are tasks for specific devices stored in the Tasks folder of the console tree.
You can also create a group or local license key distribution task through the task creation wizard for an administration group and for a client device.