Viewing the applications registry
Dec 4, 2023
Kaspersky Security Center inventories all software installed on managed devices.
Network Agent compiles a list of applications installed on a device, and then transmits this list to Administration Server. Network Agent automatically receives information about installed applications from the Windows registry.
Retrieval of information about installed applications is only available for devices running Microsoft Windows.
To view the registry of applications installed on client devices,
In the Advanced → Application management folder in the console tree, select the Applications registry subfolder.
The workspace of the Applications registry folder displays a list of applications installed on client devices and the Administration Server.
You can view the details of any application by opening its context menu and selecting Properties. The application properties window displays the application details and information about its executable files, as well as a list of devices on which the application is installed.
In the context menu of any application in the list you can:
- Add this application to an application category.
- Assign a tag to the application.
- Export the list of applications to a CSV file or TXT file.
- View the application properties, for example, vendor name, version number, list of executable files, list of devices on which the application is installed, list of available software updates, or list of detected software vulnerabilities.
To view applications that meet specific criteria, you can use filtering fields in the workspace of the Applications registry folder.
In the properties window of the selected device, in the Applications registry section, you can view the list of applications installed on the device.
Generating a report on installed applications
In the Applications registry workspace, you can also click the View report on installed applications button to generate a report containing detailed statistics on the installed applications, including the number of devices on which each application is installed. This report, which opens on the Report on Installed applications page, contains information about both the Kaspersky applications and third-party software. If you want information only on Kaspersky applications installed on client devices, in the Summary list, select AO Kaspersky Lab.
Information about Kaspersky applications and third-party software installed on devices that are connected to secondary and virtual Administration Servers is also stored in the applications registry of the primary Administration Server. After you add data from secondary and virtual Administration Servers, click the View report on installed applications button, and on the Report on installed applications page that opens, you can view this information.
To add information from secondary and virtual Administration Servers to the report on installed applications:
- In the console tree, select the node with the name of the required Administration Server.
- In the workspace of the node, select the Reports tab.
- On the Reports tab, select Report on installed applications.
- Select Properties from the context menu of the report.
The Properties: Report on installed applications window opens.
- In the Hierarchy of Administration Servers section, select the Include data from secondary and virtual Administration Servers check box.
- Click OK.
Information from secondary and virtual Administration Servers will be included in the Report on installed applications.