Creating the Administration Server task
Dec 4, 2023
The Administration Server performs the following tasks:
- Automatic distribution of reports
- Downloading of updates to the repository of the Administration Server
- Backup of Administration Server data
- Maintenance of the database
- Windows Update synchronization
- Creation of an installation package based on the operating system (OS) image of a reference device
On a virtual Administration Server, only the automatic report delivery task and the installation package creation task based on the reference device OS image are available. The repository of the virtual Administration Server displays updates downloaded to the primary Administration Server. Backup of virtual Administration Server data is performed together with backup of primary Administration Server data.
To create the Administration Server task:
- In the console tree, select the Tasks folder.
- Start creation of the task in one of the following ways:
- By selecting New → Task in the context menu of the Tasks folder in the console tree.
- By clicking the Create a task button in the workspace of the Tasks folder.
The New task wizard starts. Follow the instructions of the wizard.
The Download updates to the repository of the Administration Server, Perform Windows Update synchronization, Database maintenance, and Backup of Administration Server data tasks can be created only once. If the Download updates to the repository of the Administration Server, Database maintenance, Backup of Administration Server data, and Perform Windows Update synchronization tasks have already been created for the Administration Server, they will not be displayed in the task type selection window of the New task wizard.