Nov 27, 2023
To reduce traffic volumes within a network, the application provides the option to limit the speed of data transfer to an Administration Server from specified IP ranges and IP subnets.
You can create and configure traffic-limiting rules in the Traffic section of the Administration Server properties window.
To create a traffic-limiting rule:
- In the console tree, select the node with the name of the Administration Server for which you want to create a traffic-limiting rule.
- In the context menu of the Administration Server, select Properties.
- In the Administration Server properties window, select the Traffic section.
- Click the Add button.
- In the New rule window, specify the following settings:
In the IP range to limit traffic section, select the method that will be used to define the subnet or range for which the data transfer rate will be limited, and then enter the values of the settings for the selected method. Select one of the following methods:
- Specify the range by using address and network mask
- Specify the range by using start and end addresses
In the Traffic limit section, you can adjust the following restrictive settings for the data transfer rate:
Primarily, traffic limiting rules affect the transfer of files. These rules do not apply to the traffic generated by synchronization between Administration Server and Network Agent, or between primary and secondary Administration Servers.