Configuring Windows updates in a Network Agent policy
Dec 4, 2023
To configure Windows Updates in a Network Agent policy:
- In the console tree, select Managed devices.
- In the workspace, select the Policies tab.
- Select a Network Agent policy.
- In the context menu of the policy, select Properties.
The properties window for the Network Agent policy opens.
- In the Sections pane, select Software updates and vulnerabilities.
- Select the Use Administration Server as a WSUS server option to download Windows updates to the Administration Server and then distribute them to client devices through Network Agent.
If this option is not selected, Windows updates are not downloaded to the Administration Server. In this case, client devices receive Windows updates directly from Microsoft servers.
- Select the set of updates that the users can install on their devices manually by using Windows Update.
On devices running Windows 10, if Windows Update has already found updates for the device, the new option that you select under Allow users to manage installation of Windows Update updates will be applied only after the updates found are installed.
Select an item in the drop-down list:
- Select the Windows Update search mode:
- Select the Scan executable files for vulnerabilities when running them option if you want to scan executable files for vulnerabilities while the files are being run.
- Make sure that editing is locked for all the settings that you have changed. Otherwise, the changes do not apply.
- Click Apply.