Installing Mobile Device Server for Exchange ActiveSync
Dec 4, 2023
An Exchange Mobile Device Server is installed on a client device with a Microsoft Exchange server installed. We recommend that you install the Exchange Mobile Device Server on a Microsoft Exchange server with the Client Access role assigned. If several Microsoft Exchange servers with the Client Access role in the same domain are combined into a Client Access Array, it is recommended to install the Exchange Mobile Device Server on each Microsoft Exchange server in that array in cluster mode.
To install an Exchange Mobile Device Server on a local device:
- Run the setup.exe executable file.
A window opens prompting you to select Kaspersky applications to install.
- In the applications selection window, click the Install Exchange Mobile Device Server link to run the setup wizard of Exchange Mobile Device Server.
- In the Installation settings window, select the type of Exchange Mobile Device Server installation:
- To install Exchange Mobile Device Server with the default settings, select Standard installation and click the Next button.
- To define the settings for installation of the Exchange Mobile Device Server manually, select Custom installation and click Next. Then do the following:
- Select destination folder in Destination Folder window. The default folder is <Disk>:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Mobile Device Management for Exchange. If such a folder does not exist, it is created automatically during the installation. You can change the destination folder by using the Browse button.
- Choose the type of Exchange Mobile Device Server installation in the Installation mode window: normal mode or cluster mode.
- In Select Account window, choose an account that will be used to manage mobile devices:
- Create account and role group automatically. Account will be created automatically.
- Specify an account. The account should be selected manually. Click the Browse button to select the user whose account will be used and specify the password. The selected user must belong to a group that has rights to manage mobile devices using ActiveSync.
- In the IIS settings window, allow or prohibit automatic configuration of the Internet Information Services (IIS) web server properties.
If you have prohibited automatic configuration of the Internet Information Services (IIS) properties, enable the "Windows authentication" mechanism manually in the IIS settings for Microsoft PowerShell Virtual Directory. If "Windows authentication" mechanism is disabled, Exchange Mobile Device Server will not operate correctly. Please refer to IIS documentation for more information about configuring IIS.
- Click Next.
- In the window that opens, verify the Exchange Mobile Device Server installation properties, and then click Install.
When the wizard finishes, the Exchange Mobile Device Server is installed on the local device. The Exchange Mobile Device Server will be displayed in the Mobile Device Management folder in the console tree.