Assigning a role to a user or a security group
Dec 4, 2023
To assign a role to a user or a group of users:
- In the console tree, select the node with the name of the required Administration Server.
- In the context menu of the Administration Server, select Properties.
- In the Administration Server properties window, select the Security section.
The Security section is available if the Display security settings sections check box is selected in the interface settings window.
- In the Names of groups or users field, select a user or a group of users to which you want to assign a role.
If the user or the group is not contained in the field, you can add it by clicking the Add button.
When you add a user by clicking the Add button, you can select the type of user authentication (Microsoft Windows or Kaspersky Security Center). Kaspersky Security Center authentication is used for selecting the accounts of internal users that are used for working with virtual Administration Servers.
- Select the Roles tab and click the Add button.
The User roles window opens. This window displays user roles that have been created.
- In the User roles window, select a role for the security group.
- Click OK.
The role with a set of rights for working with Administration Server is assigned to the user or the security group. Roles that have been assigned are displayed on the Roles tab in the Security section of the Administration Server properties window.