Automatic installation of Kaspersky Endpoint Security updates on devices
Nov 27, 2023
You can configure automatic updates of databases and software modules of Kaspersky Endpoint Security on client devices.
To configure download and automatic installation of Kaspersky Endpoint Security updates on devices:
- In the console tree, select the Tasks folder.
- Create an Update task in one of the following ways:
- By selecting New → Task in the context menu of the Tasks folder in the console tree.
- By clicking the New task button in the workspace of the Tasks folder.
The New task wizard starts. Follow the steps of the wizard.
- On the Select the task type page of the wizard, select Kaspersky Endpoint Security as the task type, and then select Update as the task subtype.
- Follow the rest of the wizard instructions.
After the wizard finishes, an update task for Kaspersky Endpoint Security is created. The newly created task is displayed in the list of tasks in the workspace of the Tasks folder.
- In the workspace of the Tasks folder, select the update task that you have created.
- In the context menu of the task, select Properties.
- In the task properties window that opens, in the Sections pane select Options.
In the Options section, you can define the update task settings in local or mobile mode:
- Update settings for local mode: Connection is established between the device and the Administration Server.
- Update settings for mobile mode: No connection is established between Kaspersky Security Center and the device (for example, when the device is not connected to the internet).
- Click the Settings button to select the update source.
- Select the Download updates of application modules option to download and install software module updates together with the application databases.
If the check box is selected, Kaspersky Endpoint Security notifies the user about available software module updates and includes software module updates in the update package when running the update task. Configure the use of update modules:
- Install critical and approved updates. If any updates are available for software modules, Kaspersky Endpoint Security automatically installs those that have Critical status; the remaining updates will be installed after you approve them.
- Install approved updates only. If any software module updates are available, Kaspersky Endpoint Security installs them after their installation is approved; they will be installed locally through the application interface or through Kaspersky Security Center.
- Select the Copy updates to folder option in order for the application to save downloaded updates to a folder, and then click the Browse button to specify the folder.
- Click OK.
When the Update task is running, the application sends requests to Kaspersky update servers.
Some updates require installation of the latest versions of management plug-ins.