Viewing the statuses of commands in the command log
Dec 4, 2023
The application saves to the command log information about all commands that have been sent to mobile devices. The command log contains information about the time and date that each command was sent to the mobile device, their respective statuses, and detailed descriptions of command execution results. For example, in case execution of a command is unsuccessful, the log displays the cause of the error. Records are stored in the command log for 30 days maximum.
Commands sent to mobile devices can have the following statuses:
- Running—The command has been sent to the mobile device.
- Completed—The command execution has successfully completed.
- Completed with error—The command execution has failed.
- Deleting—The command is being removed from the queue of commands sent to the mobile device.
- Deleted—The command has been successfully removed from the queue of commands sent to the mobile device.
- Error deleting—The command could not be removed from the queue of commands sent to the mobile device.
The application maintains a command log for each mobile device.
To view the log of commands sent to a mobile device:
- In the Mobile Device Management folder in the console tree, select the Mobile devices subfolder.
The folder workspace displays a list of managed mobile devices.
- In the list of mobile devices, select the one for which you want to view the command log.
- In the context menu of the mobile device, select Show command log.
The Mobile device management commands window opens. The sections of the Mobile device management commands window correspond to the commands that can be sent to the mobile device.
- Select sections containing the necessary commands and view information about how the commands are sent and executed in the Command log section.
In the Command log section, you can view the list of commands that have been sent to the mobile device and details about those commands. The Show commands filter allows you to display in the list only commands with the selected status.