Adding a management profile
Dec 4, 2023
To manage EAS devices, you can create EAS device management profiles and assign them to selected Microsoft Exchange mailboxes.
Only one EAS device management profile can be assigned to a Microsoft Exchange mailbox.
To add an EAS device management profile for a Microsoft Exchange mailbox:
- In the console tree, open the Mobile Device Management folder.
- In the Mobile Device Management folder in the console tree, select the Mobile Device Servers subfolder.
- In the workspace of the Mobile Device Servers folder, select an Exchange Mobile Device Server.
- In the context menu of the Exchange Mobile Device Server, select Properties.
The Mobile Device Server properties window opens.
- In the properties window of the Exchange Mobile Device Server, select the Mailboxes section.
- Select a mailbox and click the Assign profile button.
The Policy profiles window opens.
- In the Policy profiles window, click the Add button.
The New profile window opens.
- Configure the profile on the tabs of the New profile window.
- If you want to specify the profile name and the update interval, select the General tab.
- If you want to configure the password of the mobile device user, select the Password tab.
- If you want to configure synchronization with the Microsoft Exchange server, select the Synchronization tab.
- If you want to configure restrictions on the mobile device features, select the Feature Restrictions tab.
- If you want to configure restrictions on the use of mobile applications on the mobile device, select the Application Restrictions tab.
- Click OK.
The new profile will be displayed in the list of profiles in the Policy profiles window.
If you want this profile to be automatically assigned to new mailboxes, as well as to mailboxes whose profiles have been deleted, select it in the list of profiles and click the Set as default profile button.
The default profile cannot be deleted. To delete the current default profile, you must assign the "default profile" attribute to a different profile.
- In the Policy profiles window, click OK.
The management profile settings will be applied on the EAS device at the next synchronization of the device with the Exchange Mobile Device Server.