Removing a provisioning profile from a device
Nov 27, 2023
To remove a provisioning profile from a mobile device:
- In the Mobile Device Management folder in the console tree, select the Mobile devices subfolder.
The folder workspace displays a list of managed mobile devices.
- In the workspace, filter iOS MDM devices by protocol type (iOS MDM).
- Select the user's mobile device from which you have to remove the provisioning profile.
You can select multiple mobile devices to remove the provisioning profile from them simultaneously.
- In the context menu of the mobile device, select Show command log.
- In the Mobile device management commands window, proceed to the Remove provisioning profile section and click the Send command button.
You can also send the command to the mobile device by selecting All commands from the context menu and then selecting Remove provisioning profile.
The Remove provisioning profiles window opens showing a list of profiles.
- Select from the list the provisioning profile that you need to remove from the mobile device. You can select multiple provisioning profiles to remove them from the mobile device simultaneously. To select the range of provisioning profiles, use the Shift key. To combine provisioning profiles into a group, use the Ctrl key.
- Click OK to send the command to the mobile device.
When the command is executed, the selected provisioning profile will be removed from the user's mobile device. Applications that are related to the deleted provisioning profile will not be operable. If the command is executed successfully, the current status of the command will be shown as Completed.
You can click the Resend button to send the command to the user's mobile device again.
You can click the Remove from queue button to cancel execution of a command that was sent if the command has not yet been executed.
The Command log section displays commands that have been sent to the mobile device, with the respective execution statuses. Click Refresh to update the list of commands.
- Click OK to close the Mobile device management commands window.