Installing an app on a mobile device
Nov 27, 2023
To install an app on an iOS MDM mobile device:
- In the Mobile Device Management folder in the console tree, select the Mobile devices subfolder.
The folder workspace displays a list of managed mobile devices.
- Select the iOS MDM device on which you want to install an app.
You can select multiple mobile devices to install the application on them simultaneously.
- In the context menu of the mobile device, select Show command log.
- In the Mobile device management commands window, proceed to the Install app section and click the Send command button.
You can also send the command to the mobile device by selecting All commands in the context menu of that mobile device, and then selecting Install app.
The Select apps window opens showing a list of profiles. Select from the list the application that you have to install on the mobile device. You can select multiple applications to install them on the mobile device simultaneously. To select a range of apps, use the Shift key. To combine apps into a group, use the Ctrl key.
- Click OK to send the command to the mobile device.
When the command is executed, the selected application will be installed on the user's mobile device. If the command is successfully executed, its current status in the command log will be shown as Completed.
You can click the Resend button to send the command to the user's mobile device again. You can click the Remove from queue button to cancel execution of a command that was sent if the command has not yet been executed.
The Command log section displays commands that have been sent to the mobile device, with the respective execution statuses. Click Refresh to update the list of commands.
- Click OK to close the Mobile device management commands window.
Information about the application installed is displayed in the properties of the iOS MDM mobile device. You can remove the application from the mobile device through the command log or the context menu of the mobile device.