Removing an app from a device
Nov 27, 2023
To remove an app from a mobile device:
- In the Mobile Device Management folder in the console tree, select the Mobile devices subfolder.
The folder workspace displays a list of managed mobile devices.
- In the workspace, filter iOS MDM devices by protocol type (iOS MDM).
- Select the user's mobile device from which you have to remove the app.
You can select multiple mobile devices to remove the app from them simultaneously.
- In the context menu of the mobile device, select Show command log.
- In the Mobile device management commands window, proceed to the Remove app section and click the Send command button.
You can also send the command to the mobile device by selecting All commands in the context menu of that mobile device, and then selecting Remove app.
The Remove apps window opens showing a list of applications.
- Select from the list the app that you need to remove from the mobile device. You can select multiple apps to remove them simultaneously. To select a range of apps, use the Shift key. To combine apps into a group, use the Ctrl key.
- Click OK to send the command to the mobile device.
When the command is executed, the selected app will be removed from the user's mobile device. If the command is executed successfully, the current status of the command will be shown as Completed.
You can click the Resend button to send the command to the user's mobile device again.
You can click the Remove from queue button to cancel execution of a command that was sent if the command has not yet been executed.
The Command log section displays commands that have been sent to the mobile device, with the respective execution statuses. Click Refresh to update the list of commands.
- Click OK to close the Mobile device management commands window.