Providing internet access to Administration Server
Nov 27, 2023
The following cases require internet access to the Administration Server:
- Regular updating of Kaspersky databases, software modules, and applications
- Updating third-party software
By default, internet connection is not required for Administration Server to install Microsoft software updates on the managed devices. For example, the managed devices can download the Microsoft software updates directly from Microsoft Update servers or from Windows Server with Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) deployed in your organization's network. Administration Server must be connected to the internet in the following cases:
- When you use Administration Server as WSUS server
- To install updates of third-party software other than Microsoft software
- Fixing third-party software vulnerabilities
Internet connection is required for Administration Server to perform the following tasks:
- To make a list of recommended fixes for vulnerabilities in Microsoft software. The list is created and regularly updated by Kaspersky specialists.
- To fix vulnerabilities in third-part software other than Microsoft software.
- Managing devices (laptops) of out-of-office users
- Managing devices in remote offices
- Interacting with primary or secondary Administration Servers located in remote offices
- Managing mobile devices
This section describes typical ways of providing access to the Administration Server over the internet. Each of the cases focusing on providing internet access to the Administration Server may require a dedicated certificate for the Administration Server.