Moving devices or clusters to an administration group manually
February 5, 2024
You can move devices from one administration group to another, or from the group of unassigned devices to an administration group.
You can also move clusters or server arrays from one administration group to another. When you move a cluster or server array to another group, all of its nodes move with it, because a cluster and any of its nodes always belong to the same administration group. When you select a single cluster node on the Devices tab, the Move to group button becomes unavailable.
To move one or several devices or clusters to a selected administration group:
- Open the administration group from which you want to move the devices. To do this, perform one of the following:
- To open an administration group, in the main menu, go to Assets (Devices) → Groups → <group name> → Managed devices.
- To open the Unassigned devices group, in the main menu, go to Discovery & deployment → Unassigned devices.
- If the administration group contains clusters or server arrays, the Managed devices section is divided into two tabs—the Devices tab and the Clusters and server arrays tab. Open the tab for the object that you want to move.
- Select the check boxes next to the devices or clusters that you want to move to a different group.
- Click the Move to group button.
- In the hierarchy of administration groups, select the check box next to the administration group to which you want to move the selected devices or clusters.
- Click the Move button.
The selected devices or clusters are moved to the selected administration group.