How Idle Scan works in Kaspersky Security Cloud 19
Latest update: July 24, 2019 ID: 14475
Scanning a computer with Kaspersky Security Cloud can use a substantial amount of system resources. To reduce the load on the system, you are able to run scan tasks (of the system memory, system partition, and startup objects) and database update tasks in Kaspersky Security Cloud while the computer is locked or the screensaver is on. This additional setting increases the security of your computer while consuming a minimum amount of resources.
If the computer is running on battery power, Kaspersky Security Cloud will not run tasks when the computer is idle so as to prolong battery life.
To set the tasks to run when the computer is idle:
- In the main window of Kaspersky Security Cloud, click .
- To learn how to open the main application window, see this article.
- Go to the Performance section.
- Select or clear the following checkboxes:
- Perform Idle Scan.
- Postpone computer scan tasks when the CPU and disk systems are at high load.
Idle scan and update tasks will be performed according to these settings.