How to make a screen recording if you face a problem with an application
October 2, 2023
If you encounter a problem with the application, you can make a screen recording and traces and send them to Customer Service for analysis.
To make screen recording and traces:
- Open the main application window.
- In the main application window, click the button.
- Select Customer Service → Problem recording → Open from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Record the screen checkbox. If the Record the screen checkbox is not selected, clicking Start recording only creates a trace file (service file that contains information about the application operations).
- Select the Record low level tracing (optional) checkbox if you were asked to do so by a Customer Service expert.
- Click the Start recording button.
The recording indicator is displayed in the upper part of the screen.
- Perform actions that demonstrate the problem you are having.
- Click the Stop and save button.
Recording is stopped and saved in an archive on Desktop. The archive can only be accessed with administrator privileges.
- Click the Go to archive button.
This opens an Explorer window at the location of the ZIP archive. The archive contains the screen recording and a trace file.
- Send the archive to the communication channel specified by the Customer Service expert.
- If you want to delete all system data, reports, and traces, click Delete all service data and reports.