Webcam Protection in Kaspersky Small Office Security
Want to extend the protection or have more management options?
Try Kaspersky Endpoint Security Cloud. It is an optimal solution for small and medium businesses that protects Windows desktops and file servers, Mac OS devices, iOS and Android mobiles and even Microsoft Oﬀice 365.
Kaspersky Small Office Security protects your web camera stream from unauthorized access.
To check if protection is enabled:
- Connect your webcam to the computer and turn it on.
- Open Device Manager:
- If you are using Windows 7, click Start in the lower-left corner of the screen and search for Device Manager.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10, press the Win + X combination on the keyboard and select Device Manager from the list.
- Find the webcam in the Imaging Devices section, Sound, video and game controllers section, or Cameras section and double-click it.
- Go to the Driver tab and click Details.
- Check the Driver files list.
If Kaspersky Small Office Security supports the web camera model, the list will show the file %windir%\System32\drivers\usbvideo.sys, where %windir% is the folder in which the operating system was installed.
Supported web cameras
Kaspersky Small Office Security supports the following cameras:
- Logitech HD Webcam C270
- Logitech HD Webcam C310
- Logitech Webcam C210
- Logitech Webcam Pro 9000
- Logitech HD Webcam C525
- Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000
- Microsoft LifeCam VX-2000
- Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000
- Microsoft LifeCam VX-800
- Microsoft LifeCam Cinema
Kaspersky Small Office Security can control access to cameras that meet one the following requirements:
- UVC-compatible cameras work with the operating system driver and do not require installation of the driver from the vendor.
- The camera is connected via USB or IEEE1394 and displayed in Device Manager as Imaging Device.
Kaspersky Small Office Security does not control access to:
- Audio stream from the web camera’s built-in microphone, should the application try to access audio data separately to video data.
- Built-in or removable drives of the web camera.
- Other features of the camera.
- Web camera, if it requests permission from Kaspersky Small Office Security when the application is not running and cannot be started (not responding or loading).