About the activation code for Kaspersky Small Office Security
An activation code is a code you get when you purchase a license to use Kaspersky Small Office Security. It consists of 20 Latin characters and is divided into blocks in the following way: ХХХХХ-ХХХХХ-ХХХХХ-ХХХХХ. This code is required to activate the application.
You can get an activation code in a number of ways, depending on how you purchased the application:
- If you purchased Kaspersky Small Office Security in the online store, the activation code is sent to the email address you used when making the purchase.
- If you purchased Kaspersky Small Office Security on a disk, the activation code will be in the documentation.
- If you purchased a license renewal card, you can find the activation code on the back of the card.
To avoid losing your activation code, connect the device with Kaspersky Small Office Security installed to your Kaspersky Small Office Security Management Console account. See this article for instructions.
Information about your license will be available in the Licenses tab. You can view the activation code by clicking Details.
Where to enter the activation code
Enter the activation code for Kaspersky Small Office Security into the field in the Activation window.
If you haven't activated the application yet, the Activation window will open automatically every time you run the application. In other cases, open the main application window and click License → Enter activation code.
What is a license?
A license gives you the right to use the application for a certain period of time, on the basis of the End User License Agreement.
A license includes the right to:
- Use the application on one or more devices. The number of devices is determined by the conditions of the End User License Agreement.
- Get assistance from Kaspersky technical support.
- Use other services provided by Kaspersky or its partners during the term of your license. These other services are determined by the conditions of the End User License Agreement.
The license for Kaspersky Small Office Security gives you the right to use the following applications:
What is a license key?
A license key is a set of 32 characters. It consists of 5 blocks in the format ХХХХХXXX-ХХХХ-ХХХХ-ХХХХ-XXXXXXXXXXXX. The license key is needed in order to recover a lost activation code or to renew the license at a discount.
You can find the key in the Licensing window after activating Kaspersky Small Office Security.
New activation code
If you license has not yet expired, you can add a new activation code as a reserve activation code. This means the code will not get lost. Once your license term ends, Kaspersky Small Office Security will be activated automatically with the new activation code.
How to restore an activation code
If your activation code has been lost, accidentally removed, or has expired earlier than it was supposed to, you can restore it.
If you purchased Kaspersky Small Office Security in the online store
Contact the online store and specify in your request:
- The date of purchase.
- Customer details (full name, email address).
- The online order number from the confirmation email that was sent to you after purchasing the application.
If the product was purchased in the Kaspersky online store:
- Contact the Digital River customer service department.
If you purchased Kaspersky Small Office Security on a disk or card with an activation code
Send a request to Kaspersky technical support by choosing the topic and filling out the form. Include in your request:
- The license key number Without the key, the activation code cannot be restored.
- A screenshot of the Licensing window. If you’re not sure how to take a screenshot, see this article.
- A copy of the documents confirming the purchase (scans or photographs) if available.
A refund is only possible based on the decision of the technical support.
Activation code validity period
If an activation code has never been applied to a computer, it has no validity period.
The validity period of the activation code begins from the first time it is activated. If the code is intended to be used on multiple computers, the validity period will begin when it is activated on the first computer.
What happens when the activation code expires
After the license has expired, the Kaspersky Small Office Security anti-virus databases will no longer be updated and some components will be restricted.
If you try to download and install new databases manually, the application will stop working.
You cannot renew the license with a trial license.
Trial license expiration
Once the term of the trial license expires, the application will stop working: protection will be disabled and you will be unable to update the anti-virus databases.
You cannot activate the product with a trial license more than once.
What to do after the license has expired
After your license has expired, activate Kaspersky Small Office Security with a new activation code, or renew the license in the Renewal & Upgrade Center.
You will not have to reinstall the application.
How to view detailed license information
To view detailed license information:
- In the main window of Kaspersky Small Office Security, click License in the lower-right corner. To learn how to open the main window of the application, see this article.
- Click Show details.
The following window will show:
- License key
- License activation and expiration dates
- Activation status
What happens to the current license after activating the application with a new code
If the current license has not yet expired, the new activation code will be reserved. The new code will be used automatically as soon as your current license expires.
How to reinstall or upgrade your operating system without losing your license
Before you reinstall your operating system, make sure that the application is connected to your Kaspersky Small Office Security Management Console account.
After reinstalling the operating system:
- Download the installer from the Kaspersky website or the Kaspersky Small Office Security Management Console.
- Download the application and restart the computer.
- Connect Kaspersky Small Office Security to your Kaspersky Small Office Security Management Console account. See this article for instructions.
Can I activate the application with an activation code purchased in a different country?
You can only activate Kaspersky Small Office Security with an activation code in the country of the store you purchased the license in.
If you try to activate the application with an activation code intended for a different country, you will get the error “Activation code is invalid for this region”. This will happen, for example, if you bought the application in the Indian online store, but you installed it and are trying to activate it in the United Kingdom.
Number of activation attempts
The license is provided for a specific number devices, not a specific number of activations. For example, if your activation code covers five computers, you will not be able to use the license on six or more computers at the same time.
If you wish to protect more devices than the amount covered by your license, you can purchase protection for more devices in the online store or from your nearest Kaspersky retail partner store.
How to renew the license
To renew the license for Kaspersky Small Office Security, buy a renewal activation code at a discount and add it to the application. You can also activate the application via the Kaspersky Small Office Security Management Console. See this Online Help page for more information.
What to do if you didn’t receive an activation code after paying
If you experienced any issues when purchasing an activation code, contact our partners.
If you bought the license via the Kaspersky website:
- Go to this page. Select the "Purchase and payment help" option to identify your partner and contact Kaspersky technical support.
- If you made your purchase via a different Kaspersky partner, you will need to contact them directly.